Monday 28 April 2014

The day I have been waiting for........

Tomorrow the man that I called dad, after my biological dad passed away, is due for sentencing for sexually abusing me as a child. He is also being charge for assaulting/abusing other women and children.

I was not going to go to the sentencing but this afternoon I decided I wanted to. This has been my story, my journey. I was the first person to come forward about him and start the criminal proceedings, which subsequently escalated.

I feel empowered to walk into the court with my head held high, I am even prepared to look him in the eyes because I am now a strong adult, who has brought this man to justice. It is no longer 'innocent child vs controlling powerful man' it is now 'strong mother vs pathetic dirty old man', the tables have now turned.

'He' really could of jeopardised my future but I have fought hard to be the person I now am and have the life that I have. I am loved and I love.

1 comment:

  1. You are very courageous Kim. I admire your strength. Keep strong and keep us updated. Love, Nikky

    ReplyDelete