Monday 7 April 2014

Self Esteem




I really want to work on improving my self esteem. I often talk about wanting to help other people, but I feel that I need to work on myself first and get in a place where I am able to help other people effectively and whist I am feeling inadequate how can I possibly help other people.
I have been looking into ways to do this, of course there are external people that can help and I am going to be starting some counselling sessions in the near future. But firstly I want to try ‘work’ on myself.
Myself worth seems to be so low at the moment and a lot of the low points I have are caused by comparing myself to other people. I feel that people are better than me, whether it be prettier, slimmer, happier, brighter etc. The word that really fits me at the moment is ‘inadequate’. What I need to do is accept myself for me and stop comparing myself to other people. Logically I do know that people are not better and that we are all different but I still keep getting swamped with the feeling that I am worthless.
So going forward I am going to research into ways to overcome my negative feelings and hopefully that will lead me to being happier in my own skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment