Saturday 12 April 2014

Guilt

Guilt is a horrible thing to carry. 
I was a victim of a repeated crime- yet I carried so much guilt because of it. 
As a child I felt guilty for having an intimate relationship with my abuser, and I felt guilty for 'cheating' with my mums partner. 
After I felt guilty for having a secret and lying to everyone.
I had the guilt of my silence making it more that likely that other children would be hurt.
Then when I spoke out about my abuse I had the guilt about hurting my family.
I feel guilty that my husband is married to an abuse victim and that we had children with an abuse victim without knowing.
I feel guilty that I am that my children will find out one day that their mother was abused. 
I feel guilt..... But the fact of the matter is that I did not ask to be abused. The only person that is guilty is 'him'.
Abuse doesn't end when it stops.... My abuse will end when I learn to free myself of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment