Wednesday 14 May 2014

Psychologist Appointment

I have received an appointment in the post to see a Clinical Psychologist at the local Psychosexual services this week.

It is just an initial assessment appointment so I will go as I believe it is important to have an open mind to these things, but I feel worried about going and don't think its right for me.

Taking about the past no longer 'cuts' me like it used too. I have learnt over the past few months how to talk about what happened in a factual way without having emotions swamp me.

This is how I look on my past now-

My step dad, didn't love me, he was using me for his own gain, that is not ok but it is what happened. My unhappiness has held me back for a very long time, I have been weighed down with feeling of inferiority and confusion. I now have accepted and learnt to speak out, yes I was abused, yes it is tragic but NO I will not let it rule my life health and happiness anymore.

Do I need to talk over the details and my emotions again??

No comments:

Post a Comment