Monday 5 May 2014

Beautiful

I have been fixated since I can remember on being prettier, thiner, better. 

My fixation on beauty has been based on comparing myself to others..... I wanted a smaller waist, bigger eyes, longer hair, darker skin, fuller lips, smaller nose, etc. All of these things would make me beautiful and happy.
 
I now feel so wise and complete as I sit here writing this in my beautiful peaceful garden, seeing my beautiful children happily play, listening to the beautiful birds sing and the sound of the breeze go through the leaves in the trees. I am sitting here contently being my beautiful self, in my happy healthy body, counting my blessings and appreciating my beautiful life and the beautiful world around me.

Beauty is so much more and I feel beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment