Sunday 30 March 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day as a daughter is slightly difficult for me as my relationship with my mother is complicated. I do love her and appreciate what she does for me yet my emotions towards her are sometimes cold. I do not kiss or cuddle her or in fact show her any effection. I find our relationship strained and have since I was a child. Now that I have started to open up and explore my mental health and emotions I think this may be a symptom of PTSD, this is undiagnosed and needs further exploration- hopefully I will find out one day as I really hope we can a happier relationship.
Mother's Day as a mother is everything to me. I am truly blessed to have wonderful happy and confident children who are my world. I am so greatful to be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mother. I work very hard to give my children a safe happy and enriched childhood and I am proud of this achievement. The love for my children gave me the strength to help me throughout the process of coming out about my abuse and staying strong all the way through to his conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment