Saturday 4 October 2014

Nobody noticed???

If you have been following my blog then you know how I kept the abuse I suffered silent.

I really struggled in my teen years with the normal teenge hormones and problems coupled with the weight of the abuse and secrets I carried.

This art work below is a painting I done when I was 14 years old.

At first glane you see a pretty blond girl in a lavish dress, but if you look closer notice the barbed wire around her. Notice the thorny vines working themselves up her, and the trapped women ghostly images surrounding.

This painting clearly tells a story, she has her eyes closed and is gripping her clothes close to her.

It's sad how something so clear wasn't seen and wasn't noticed. 

2 comments:

  1. "It's sad how something so clear wasn't seen and wasn't noticed. " Or, noticed and ignored :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. It must be shattering for you and so commendable on your part to overcome that. epsyclinic.com, we are a mental health group of professionals in India and we would love to publish your story in our newsletter to inspire people and to help them overcome their own stories of child abuse. You can help spread your work and reach out more people. If you are interested in giving us a bite of your story, please mail me on moulika.mandal.90@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete